Nightmare checkout experience? Remind you of anything? Surely, we can all relate to it. Given the number of retailers trading online and the tools and technology available today, said 67% of online customers abandon shopping carts just before transacting. Google being Google have mustered up a witty video on this very serious retail issue.
Does this shopping experience remind you of anything?
Common user experience annoyances when buying online, whether through mobile or PC are:
- Need to register on every single retailer’s site;
- Long registration process;
- Customers can’t remember their username or password;
- Hidden policies and extra charges;
- Capcha verification tests;
- Check out time expiry;
- Difficult to find the checkout button on site;
- Need to pay by credit card only;
- The list goes on…
… and these come even before the costs of items, costs and times of delivery. Make it easy for your customers to buy, give yourself a chance.